Thursday, March 3, 2011

Muddy Hill of Death

So my psychology class got canceled today and rather then go up on campus and study anyways, I've decided to share the story of the Muddy Hill of Death..Muddy Hill of Death ...of DEATH. It all started on an almost beautiful Wednesday in February where the sun was making a valiant attempt to shine through the clouds and successfully turn everything into mud. I am loving every minute of the little bit of heat however and I don't even mind that I will be on campus today from 8AM to 3:30 PM or that I have to park in the boonies because of a tournament. ( Gotta love UVU parking policies...but that's another story) Anyways, I'm supposed to leave right after my lab at 1, which gets out usually around 3, and book it straight to work. Long story short the lab took FOREVER and it was a completely lame computer thing that didn't get over until almost 4 o clock. So I run like crazy out of lab and as I get outside I come to a fork in the road. I can either stay on the sidewalk and walk to my car parked a year away or I can go down a grassy hill to the shuttle that might get me to my car faster. It takes me all of two seconds to decide that I will take the hill, because I can see the shuttle coming. I literally take one step onto the "grass" and my feet slide out from under me causing me to fall to my knees. Embarrassed I jump up as fast as I can only to find my butt somehow on the ground!!! This time I just sit there and soak up the situation...literally...I soaked up half the mud on that stupid hill. At this point I'm pondering just sitting there until its dark because I know when I stand up that even if the students walking by didn't see me eat it the first OR the second time, they will definitely know something went down because the front and back of my pants are covered in mud. The only thing talking me off that hill was the will to make it to work before I lost my job. So I jumped up and acted like it was going out of style to be  covered in mud. I missed the shuttle and didn't get to work until 4:30, but I still have a job and after a couple hours of being in dry pants again, I had a good laugh about it.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!!! I would have made you roll in the mud with me. We would have had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kelley! Why do you live so far away! These stories are wonderful, but it would be even better if I could actually get muddy with you some of the time!

    ReplyDelete